A Micro CMS
A small, open source flat file system to build fast, simple websites: la.plume
This website is the demo.
- Free easy-to-use low-tech website system
- Simple to install and manage your own website
- Featherweight for extreme simplicity and speed
- Create and edit your own web content online
- HTML5 Web Standards web pages in one click
- Password-protection publishing option *new*
- Produces smartphone-friendly web pages
A flat-file Micro CMS created 2008-2013 by Patrick Taylor
It's tiny, powered by only 25 php files (that's micro-featherweight). Create super-fast web pages in just one click, including add to menu, title tag, text banner, and page heading. Add new pages and images in seconds, from anywhere online. Database not required. Skill not required.
In the world of content management systems this micro CMS is as light as a feather. Zipped for download with all 'mod cons' it weighs 48 kilobytes compared to a fully featured CMS like Drupal at over 3 megabytes. This micro CMS provides the simplest possible way to create and edit W3C standards-compliant pages for the world wide web.
The admin 'backend' consists of only
two three four pages:
- Create/edit as many web pages as you like
- Upload photos to include in your web pages
- Receive/add/edit visitors' comments
- Simple online setup page *new*
la.plume micro CMS features
- Simple to install on your server
- One click page create, edit, or delete
- Pre-moderated comments (via email)
- Much faster than WordPress
- Contact page with contact form
- Powered by only 25 php files in total
- Doesn't use a database
- 'Friendly' ULRs with no file suffixes
- Edit stylesheet in backend admin
- Runs on Apache web server with PHP
- Open source and completely free
Originally created February 2008. From 22nd September 2013, version 6.1.
la.plume micro CMS (version 6.1) free download »
Before creating web pages, read the help page »
Why use a micro CMS?
la.plume micro CMS is kept simple and not over-featured, doesn't use a database, and shouldn't require regular upgrades. The newer versions are mostly cosmetic or to improve the functionality of the system 'as is'. The content remains untouched. The attraction is speed and simplicity. More »
It should appeal to users who simply want to publish clean uncluttered web pages without building them one by one and having to upload them by FTP. Once the CMS is installed, the website can be developed and managed online from any computer with a web connection. It requires no knowledge of HTML, though HTML can be used to enhance the pages with headings, hyperlinks, images, tables, lists, and emphasized text.
Read more about adding basic HTML in the HTML guide »
It's featherweight and French for "feather" is "plume" (like pen).