A Micro CMS
A small, open source flat file system to build fast, simple websites: la.plume
This website is the demo, exactly the same files as the download.
- Free ready-to-use website production system
- Simple to install and manage your own website
- Featherweight for simplicity and speed
- HTML5 Web Standards compliant web pages
- Smartphone and tablet-friendly page layout
A flat-file Micro CMS created 2008-2015 by Patrick Taylor
It's tiny—micro-featherweight in fact. Create / edit super-fast web pages in a couple of clicks, with add to menu, title tag, page heading, plus an option for password protection. Add new pages and images in seconds from anywhere online. Database not required. Skill not required. Create W3C standards and search engine friendly web pages through the admin panel of just six pages.
la.plume micro CMS features
- You own the site, on your web server
- As many web pages as you like
- Choice of themes: Default and White
- Choice of site languages
- Pre-moderated comments (via email)
- Contact page with contact form
- Password-protected pages option
- Site search (optional)
- Doesn't use a database (no need for web caching)
- 'Friendly' URLs with no file suffixes
- Edit stylesheet in backend admin
- Runs on Apache web server with PHP
- Easy to backup and switch web hosts
Originally created February 2008, from February 2015 version 10.4. la.plume micro CMS (version 10.4) free download »
Why use a micro CMS?
la.plume micro CMS is simple to use and should appeal to non-tech users who simply want to publish clean uncluttered web pages without installing a large complex platform like WordPress or Drupal with features you will never need. With this micro-CMS installed, your website can be developed and managed with ease from any computer with a web connection. You don't need to be expert in HTML but if you like to dabble, HTML markup can be manually added to enhance the pages with sub-headings, hyperlinks, images, tables, lists, and emphasized text. Plus you can play with the stylesheet to change its look.
It's featherweight and "feather" in French is "plume", like pen.